Sunday, January 29, 2012

Shipping in Style




I made a trip out to Des Moines a few weeks ago to visit an old friend.  I wanted to send her a special thank you for being an amazing host.  She just got a new apt and loves cupcakes.  So I got her a few coffee mugs and a cupcake cookbook.  But I wanted to do something a little extra so I went ahead and made her this personalized box to ship it in.

I started with a naked wood box from Michael's. I then painted the whole thing white.  I used painters tape to get the lines perfect and filled them in with navy glossy acrylic paint.  I then used a Martha Stewart stencil for the top and free handed the "J."



 I hope she enjoys using it as much as I did making it!

I added a little personalization (too bad that Ralph Lauren guy beat me to RL)!


No comments:

Post a Comment